Saturday, September 6, 2014

Basil Jelly

The garden has successes and failures, and this year the two basil plants we put in have become big successes.  The wife goes out almost every day to tend them, and I get a report on what's happened to them nearly every day when I come home from work. 

Trouble is, with a veritable jungle of basil, something simply must be done with it.  So, there have been all sorts of pestos and such to taste this summer.  

Yesterday, when I drug myself in like a dog from work, the wife appeared to be making something in the kitchen, and on inquiry, I learned that she had found a recipe for basil jelly.  She told me that in addition to the obvious use, it could also replace mayo on a BLT, or a glaze on chicken.

These are a few of the jars she whipped up.  The color!



2 comments:

  1. Please, please e-mail me the recipe!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will do, it's an interesting taste, hard to describe, but good.

      Delete