Monday, December 31, 2012

If you're like me, there is a tendency to use the Christmas season as an excuse to buy yourself presents.

This year, I went overboard, but the "Man tools" I picked up will be useful and fun for years to come.

First, on impulse I saw this Estwing mini wood splitter ( they call it a "Fireside Friend) at the hardware store, and couldn't help myself.  The size of wood I'm normally cutting up for the fireplace is just right for this tool, and it has already been put to good use.  Much better than the hatchet I was using.


I swore off buying any more guns last year, but that lasted until I saw this little beauty, a Ruger SR-22.  Tin cans and pinecones will never be safe again, cause I'm going to make them dance, and dance again with this.


Finally, I found this enormous Lodge cast iron skillet, which I think is the biggest they make due to it's weight.  With five people to feed, it's actually the right size, even though it's a two hander.   Already, as you can see, We've put it to good use, using bacon thick cut from the local butcher, and a recipe from this gal.  Yum!


No comments:

Post a Comment