Sunday, November 25, 2012

From Mausers and Muffins, a great Johnny Cash Sunday story.

  "Severe thunderstorms had been culling the area.  After listening to the old fashioned stereo  for a while, I went to bed, leaving it on, noticing the light on the console near the bed but deciding just to roll over and sleep.  About 2 in the morning, the power went out, then came back on immediately. Then there was a small click sound, the drawer with the CD in it opening and closing, played on the cold air. The sound, unusual in my sleep, brought me up from deep slumber, but just barely.

As the ground shook and the sky boomed, the bedroom windows lit up with lightning. My eyes still closed, I was not yet aware of where I was, the sleep still lingering. Then a deep voice filled the room.

And I heard as it were
the noise of thunder
One of the four beasts saying come and see
and I saw
And behold a white horse 

From my somnolent state all I could think was "It's GOD. . and He sounds just like Johnny Cash".

No comments:

Post a Comment