Saturday, August 25, 2012

Over at Every Day Dutch Oven, Liddy posted a recipe for baked bratwurst, onions and potatoes that looked killer, so the ingredients were gathered up and an attempt was made to cook up some of it.

I used Russets, and I added some old cube steak that had been hibernating in the back of the freezer for too long, introduced everything together in the Dutch oven, and put it on the briquets.  As I always seem to do, I started about twice as many as I really needed, but the result was still quite delicious.

Here are all the fixings arranged real pretty on the stove.


Everything layered into the Dutch oven.


Outside cooking.  Looking really good at this point.


On the plate and ready to eat.  Yum!

This one actually made a lot of good comfort food for a relatively minimal effort.  It only required gathering the ingredients, mixing them together and cooking.  A keeper for sure.


No comments:

Post a Comment