Sunday, July 1, 2012


I stumbled out of bed bleary eyed and exhausted this morning after a long night without much sleep, due to one of the dogs deciding to barf up right in the middle of the night.  Naturally, Dad was the one that heard the commotion, got up, found the horror, and of course got to clean it up.  At two in the morning.

Anyway, shuffling into the kitchen this morning to try to find some coffee, the youngest daughter very cheerfully told me that today we would go for a hike, given the fine weather.  Not what Dad wanted to hear.

After being told no several times, the daughter decided I might be induced to go if she made me breakfast.   One omelette and a hot cup of Java later, I found myself loading the hiking gear into the car.

Below, Frog Lake, a favorite destination as it is a short and easy walk from the trail head, as we saw it.

Daughter was right, hiking on a Sunday afternoon at Carson Pass was fun.  Tonight, however, the dogs get to sleep outside.





No comments:

Post a Comment